Maritime Book/DVD Shop
All my books and DVDs are now available for sale from this web site. Just follow the instructions, pay via PayPal and the postman will do the rest. I hope you enjoy what you buy. If you have any comments, please contact me.
Books and DVDs are shipped by Bookharbour, except for the Tom Nitsch DVDs. These are exclusively produced by Tom Nitsch and currently only available via Mail Order.
The Electronic Yachtmaster
The Electronic Yachtmaster explores the safe use of electronics in small vessels under sail and power. I’ve integrated electronics with salty, time-honoured techniques to help you shape up with confidence if your boat’s wiring ever melts down. It was shot at sea from my chart table.
- Electronics in an integrated navigation plan
- Position, datums and plotting with confidence
- Electronic tidal heights
- Using GPS to offset tidal streams
- Safe use of Waypoints and Routes
- Pleasures and pitfalls of Cross-Track Error
- Different breeds of Electronic Chart
- Maximising the Chart Plotter’s potential
- Electronics in Fog, with basic Radar option
- Contingency plans for electronic melt-down
- Choosing a Plotter
There is a North American version. Please contact me if you’d like to buy in this format. It has also been dubbed for a Russian version.
Part Number: DVD6094
Publisher: Thomas Carden
Author: Cunliffe, Tom