I am a consultant for US Sailing and have worked with individuals on various different levels.
Below are some of the areas I have been asked to consult on. If you think I can help you, please contact me.
- Choice of boat to buy
- Advice on a designer and builder for a new cruising yacht and assistance with the design process
- Selection and purchase of a used boat
- Entering the Yachtmaster scheme – how to prepare for the practical examination
- Recurring boat-handling problems and other challenges of general seamanship
- Training professional yacht skippers and instructors
- Cruise selection and planning
- Gaff rig. How to use it, modify it, design it and generally get the best from it
Litigation opinions on questions of seamanship
I’ve worked as an Expert Witness on several cases. These have included minor injuries sustained in small open craft, questions of seamanship, and precedent-setting issues relating to major ocean races.
I read law at university and was at the Inner Temple, but never practised as I ran away to sea. The years at university trained my mind and I find this immensely helpful when dealing with legal cases.